Visiting coastal South Carolina during May will have you taking part in Military Appreciation Days that run from the first of May through the 31st. When you’re looking for accommodations for your time here be sure to check out our many available and affordable Garden City SC beach house rentals. Staying in a house rental will provide you with all the conveniences and luxuries of home and you can save a bundle on meals in the process. Our Garden City SC beach house rentals will also have you close to the any of the following events taking place throughout the month of May.
We’re celebrating military men and women – active duty, reserves and National Guard – and veterans from every service branch. Look for military discounts from hotels and restaurants, along with concerts, special events, the big Saturday parade and family activities in downtown Myrtle Beach.
- Hot Summer Nights on Ocean Boulevard – Enjoy free activities and entertainers in downtown Myrtle Beach and on the Oceanfront Boardwalk
- Beach Blast Christian Music Festival – Saturday, May 19, Pavilion Site
- 5K Run/Walk – Sign up now for this 5K Run on Ocean Boulevard and the Boardwalk! The race begins at 7:30 a.m., Saturday, May 26, and ends at Plyler Park. It’s free for active duty, reserves and veterans, or $20 for civilians.
- Memorial Day Parade – This big Ocean Boulevard Memorial Day Parade steps off at 10:00 a.m., Saturday, May 26. The parade begins at 27th Avenue North and travels south to Ninth Avenue North, with great views all along the route!
- Memorial Day Ceremony – Join the Grand Strand Patriotic Alliance and City of Myrtle Beach for the Memorial Day Ceremony at 11:00 a.m., Monday, May 28, on the Convention Center Plaza.
- Military Appreciation Days Ceremony – Our closing ceremony for Military Appreciation Days is set for 5:00 p.m., Monday, May 28, at Valor Memorial Garden, The Market Common.