Few summer vacation issues are more divisive than the classic "ocean vs pool" argument. For decades, people have escaped to the water for vacation and relaxation, but for as long as pools have been around, families have fought over which body of water--the ocean or the swimming pool--is better for vacation.
While we believe there's no correct answer, we've put together a list of perks associated with both the ocean and the pool. Hopefully this will help you decide!
- Sand is more comfortable and versatile than the concrete surrounding a pool
- Saltwater is better for your skin
- The waves offer activities like surfing, boogie boarding, kite surfing, and more
- You can go fishing in the water and catch your own dinner
- Calming sound of the ocean as the waves crash on the shore
- Sand helps to exfoliate your feet
- Fewer insects due to wind coming off the ocean
- No animals, like fish or dolphins, in the water
- The water is clear, so you can see straight to the bottom
- No waves, so you can float and relax
- Chlorine is better for sensitive skin than saltwater
- Less of a trek to get back home when you want to
- Fewer seagulls to snatch your lunch
- Not likely to cut your foot on a shell hiding under the sand
No need to choose between beach and pool: with Surfside Realty's vacation rentals, you can take advantage of the best of both worlds! Contact us today to learn more.