Going to the beach is a (mostly) free activity that can provide hours of entertainment for children and adults of all ages. Our home, Surfside Beach, SC, is known as the family beach, but some experiences at the beach are universal, no matter your age or where you choose to vacation.
Here are 25 things you should do on your beach vacation:
- Dive into a crashing wave
- Build a sandcastle
- Destroy sandcastle like your Godzilla or a giant monster
- Thoroughly apply sunscreen to avoid sunburns
- Play volleyball
- Collect seashells
- Make sand angels
- Pack a picnic and eat it on the beach
- Go for a stroll at sunset
- Watch the sunrise
- Clean up litter to keep the beach beautiful
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated
- Dig a giant hole and then fill it back up
- Play cornhole or other fun beach games
- Make a beach playlist and be the beach DJ
- Watch the birds (but don’t feed them!)
- Take a nap
- Take family pictures
- Rent a kiteboard, kayak, or surfboard
- Look for dolphins
- Go fishing and try to catch your dinner
- Read a book
- Write messages in the sand
- Explore the boardwalk or pier
- Relax and enjoy: you’re on vacation!
What are some of your favorite things to do while at the beach? Let us know in the comments!
It’s not too late to plan a last-minute summer vacation. Check out our Surfside Beach rental deals & specials and call to speak to one of our vacation experts today!